Call for Nomination
This award was established in 2000 by the Japanese Peptide Society in commemoration of Dr. Shiro Akabori based on the donation by Dr. Rao Makineni. We are now calling for Nominations for the Akabori Memorial Award 2014.
Please send a set of the relevant documents by June 30, 2014.
The recipient of the Akabori Memorial Award 2014 will present his/her Award Lecture at the 51st Japanese Peptide Symposium to be held in Tokushima, Japan, from October 22nd to 24th, 2014
Past Akabori Memorial Award Recipients
- 2000 Gunther Jung (University of Tubingen, Germany)
- 2002 Yasutsugu Shimonishi (Osaka University, Japan)
- 2004 Geoffrey Tregear (Howard Florey Institute, Melbourne, Australia)
- 2006 Jean Martinez (Universités Montpellier I et II, France)
- 2008 Yoshiaki Kiso (Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Japan)
- 2010 Stephen Kent (University of Chicago, USA)
- 2012 Horst Kessler (Technische Universität München (TUM), Germany)
How to submit a nomination:
- A brief statement of nomination (no more than 1,000 words).
- The nominee’s Curriculum Vitae and List of Publications.
- One additional recommendation letter in support for the nominee.
- No more than 5 selected reprints (PDF files).
PDF files of all the documents should be sent by e-mail.
Deadline, June 30, 2014.
The nominating documents should be sent to:
Dr. Yasuyuki Shimohigashi
Chair, Akabori Memorial Award Committee
Laboratory of Structure-Function Biochemistry
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences
Fukuoka 812-8581, Japan
TEL & FAX +81-92-642-2584
E-mail [email protected]