The current COVID-19 sanitary conditions in Europe and around the world has created a large uncertainty over the “in-site” organization of the international PEPPERSchool. The organizing committee decided to switch to a virtual event keeping the same dates. This school will continue to gather international experts from the field of peptide/protein chemistry as well as molecular biology methodologies, and high emphasis will be given to maintain a high interactive school. Please, check our web page for updates (https://eventos.fct.unl.pt/pepper_school/pages/home).
After the great success of our first edition, we are happy to announce the second edition of PEPPERSchool, an international thematic school that brings together chemists and biologists interested in engineering peptides and proteins endowed with tailored functionalities and useful for solving current societal challenges.
PEPPERSchool will cover the following topics:
- State of the art chemical and biological tools to produce peptides and proteins. It includes all types of modifications, cyclic/branched scaffolds…
- Peptide and protein folding
- Advanced methodologies to evolve/screen for new activities:
– Construction of gene libraries
– Display technologies: phage display/ribosome display
- Site-selective modification of peptides and proteins
Check our edited book to have a flavour of these topics.
PEPPERSchool gathers PhD students, post-doctoral researchers, principal investigators and any professionals from academia and industry wishing to be up to date in the field of tailored-made peptide/protein production.
We look forward to meeting you at PEPPERSchool.
On behalf of the organising committee,
Dr. Olga Iranzo
CNRS/Aix-Marseille Université France
Download PEPPERSchool flyer