Red Glead Discovery is a preclinical drug development company located at Medicon Village in Lund, Sweden. We deliver medicinal chemistry, synthesis of small molecules and peptides, analytical chemistry, ADME, bioanalysis, computational chemistry, and in vitro biology services to clients within the Life Science sector.
The peptide chemistry team is currently a group of seven people. We work in a fit for purpose peptide lab with a state-of-the-art machine park including, four automatic peptide synthesizers (two microwave assisted, one conventionally heated, and one parallel (48 reactors) synthesizer), preparative and analytical HPLCs, LC-MS, automated flash chromatography, and more.
We are now looking for an experienced peptide chemist to join the peptide chemistry team. This is a permanent position. A probationary period of 6 months may apply.
What You Will Do / Job Description:
The work is largely lab-based. Typical tasks involve:
- Automated peptide synthesis on solid support
- Peptide synthesis in solution
- Purification and analysis of peptides and peptide conjugates
- Design of peptides in drug discovery programs
- Communication with clients and team members – often in global and multi-disciplinary settings
- Minimum education: MSc in chemistry with focus on Peptide chemistry
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industrial experience
- In-depth knowledge of current peptide chemistry synthesis techniques
- Working knowledge of automated peptide synthesizers, HPLC and/or LC-MS
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Computer skills incl. extracting useful data from scientific & technical literature and databases.
To succeed in the role, you will need to be able to operate independently as well as part of a team. The role requires a structured way of working to meet timelines and to secure detailed documentation. It is highly advantageous for the position if you have project management skills.
What can Red Glead Discovery offer you?
Our company core values – Aspiration/Collaboration/Delivery/Competence – guide our behaviors, decisions, and actions. We strive to be a workplace where knowledge and ambitions are recognized and rewarded. You will work in an international environment with possibilities to develop both personally and professionally.
Contact and Application
If you want to know more, please contact Richard E. Johnsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 46 460 11 91. Please send your application including CV to email@example.com by June 4th, 2021 at the latest. Please add the following job reference in the e-mail: RGD_PC01_2021.